As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Aerobic means “with oxygen”. Aerobic exercise is a physical activity. It promotes the circulation of oxygen through the blood. Thus, it stimulates and strengthens the heart rate and lungs. Aerobic exercises have usually long duration but low impact. It is sometimes also known as “Cardio exercise”.
Aerobic exercise examples are stair training, skipping, squat jumps, bear crawls, and flutter kicks.
Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise
Our muscular tissues use oxygen and glucose for energy. In aerobic exercise, our muscles use glycogen to produce glucose. At that time, extra oxygen helps to do the movement. We sweat breath harder and our heart beat faster during aerobic exercises. It makes our blood pumping through our veins. Finally, it helps to keep our muscles active.
Anaerobic is opposite of aerobic. It means without oxygen. Anaerobic exercise is short duration but has high impact. During anaerobic exercise, our muscles do not need a large amount of oxygen to produce glucose. It builds muscle and strength. It will promote speed, power, and strength. Heavyweight training, sprinting, and power-lifting are examples of anaerobic exercise.
Types of aerobic exercise
Aerobic workout promotes mental and physical health. In this way, it strengthens the heart, lungs, and muscles. You can improve aerobic fitness and aerobic endurance by performing various types of aerobic exercise. There are several types of aerobic exercise. But we have listed certain exercises that can reduce fat, increase the lifecycle and give healthy body.
- Here is a list of the best aerobic exercises and what does it improve:
Aerobic exercises and aerobic workouts should be well-planned, practical and genuine. Some of the aerobic exercises are given below-
- Swimming: Swimming gives the benefits of walking, running, and cycling. Swimming is a perfect aerobic exercise. It helps to keep your body healthy. It increases your cognitive functions.
- Cycling: Cycling is one of the most effective aerobic exercises. It builds both your cardio fitness and mental fitness. It improves the strength of legs muscles and keeps buttock in shape. Moreover, the best of cycling is it gives less stress to your joint. The aerobic training classes also have stationary cycles for indoor cycling.
- Running: Running is the easiest form of aerobic exercise. It is suitable for every age of people. It helps to keep the body fit and causes to lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Rowing: Through rowing small and big muscles are being activated. So, it improves flow of blood, lungs, heart, and circulation system.
- Skipping: Skipping does not cause so much cost. Continuous jumping helps to perform skipping. It helps to get effective results in weight loss.
- Dancing: Dancing is the most interesting and enjoyable exercise. By putting any favorite’s music, you can start dancing. It will help you to improve your body efficiency and give you happiness. It is the easiest way to keep health and mind fit.
Types of Anaerobic Exercise
Anaerobic exercise requires more strengths and efforts. There are various types of anaerobic exercise that you can apply.
- Here is a list of the best Anaerobic exercises and what does it improve-
- Sprinting: Sprinting is like running. But the difference is one has to run so fast within a short period of time. It helps to achieve a specific distance goal. It raises heart rate and decreases weight within a short period of time.
- Heavy Weights Training: It means lifting heavier weights. Basically, it works out for body muscles. In this way, it helps to change body system. It improves the functions of brain, heart, and hormones.
- Hill Climbing: It is an adventurous exercise. Hill climbing helps to get exercised many parts of the body. Legs, fingers, palms, shoulders, and arms get better stamina by hill climbing. It promotes weight loss and improves stamina.
Which one should you choose Aerobic or Anaerobic Exercise?
Which exercise should you choose? It depends on your priority, health criteria and efforts. If you need to keep your physical solidity in a sound position then aerobic exercise is the best for you. Anaerobic exercise is the best for you if you want to keep your physical strength strong. It helps to achieve and maintain strong muscles in a short period of time.
What does Aerobic training improve?
Aerobic training means activities of aerobic exercise. You can increase your physical stability by doing various exercises. It increases the heart’s capacity to send blood to the muscles. Aerobic training improves your physical strength. It also improves your mental strength.
The Benefits of Aerobic Exercise
You will receive many benefits if you start to take regular aerobic exercise. Some of the benefits of aerobic exercises are
- Aerobic activity increases strength
- Aerobic exercise reduces the risk of heart diseases and diabetes
- Aerobic exercise is helpful for weight loss
- Aerobic exercise lower your cholesterol and improve immune functions
- Aerobic exercise burns up calories and tones of your muscles
- Besides looking better and healthier, aerobic exercise increases your stamina. It gives you more energy.
- Aerobic exercise also decreases the risk of different types of cancers.
Limitations of Aerobic exercise-
Though there are many benefits to taking aerobic exercise, it has some limitations. Such as-
- Our bones and joints can be damaged because of continuous jumping and stamping.
- Daily aerobic workout causes muscular pain.
- Sometimes unconsciousness while doing such exercises tends to a minor accident.
- Aerobic workout and aerobic exercise are beneficial for increasing energy. Sometimes, it leads to sleeplessness due to overexertion.
Despite all these limitations, aerobic exercise offers you a healthier life. It keeps your heart rate well going. But if you face joint pain, chest or shoulder problems during the exercise session, you must consult with a physician.
Be the first to comment