As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A joint or articulation (articular surface) is the most important mechanism in human anatomy. It is a connection made between bones in the body which link the skeletal system into a functional whole. Intra- articular fluid or synovial fluid ensures the smooth movement of these joints.
When the presence of this intra-articular fluid increased, it may affect the whole body. Generally knees lead to the symptoms like the enlargement of the joints, stiffness, pain, redness and warmth. Sometimes it seems the loss of range of the joint motion. Medical science termed this condition as swelling joints.
The most common reason of swelling joints is this extra fluid. There are also some other things which are the cause of swelling. These are the problems with veins and also lymphatic of the clots, body, sprains, heart failure fractures and high blood pressure.
What swelling joint tells about your health?
Medical science has diagnosed about 128 causes of swelling joints. You may be sufferings from these diseases if you see swelling joints in your body. Here are some of the main causes among these 128 causes.
- Joint injury
- Joint inflammation
- Joint infection
- Rheumatic fever
- Joint effusion
The Particular body part that is vulnerable to the swelling joints
There are several joints in your body. Some joints are prone to more affected by swelling joints. You can see swelling in your fingertips, knuckles, knees, wrist joints, ankles, feet, and toe, and sometimes elbow. Among all these body parts swelling in fingers and knuckles are the most common. In this article, I am going to discuss this type of swelling joints.
What is swelling finger joints?
Hands are one of the most important organs of human body. The joint of the hands ensure the smooth movement of the adjourning bones and this form smooth surface is known as cartilage. While the cartilage is being damaged, swelling in the joints of the finger, enlarge, bump and bulge can be the result of the swelling fingers joints. There are about 27 diseases associated with swelling finger joints. But the most common one is known as hand arthritis.
What dothe swelling knuckles mean?
A knuckle swelling is also a part of swelling finger joint. But these two conditions of swelling are not the same. These two conditions are closely relative to each other. But swelling knuckles specifically goes with the term of irregular swelling at the metatarsophalangeal joint. However, swelling finger joint is only happened on fingertips. There are 21 diseases are associated with these swelling knuckles.
The causes of swelling knuckles
Swelling joints are happened due to the increasing amount of fluid in your body. But different types of arthritis are the most common reason for swelling fingers and knuckles. Here are some causes of swelling knuckles.
- Knuckles injury: sometimes injury in your knuckles cause swelling knuckles, redness and stiffness and pain.
- Hand injury: sometimes injury in your hand or finger causes swelling knuckles, pain, redness and, stiffness.
- Allergic reaction: swelling joints are also symptoms of some allergic reaction.
- Infection: insect bites and infection can also be a reason for swelling knuckles.
- Blunt trauma: Blunt trauma or trauma mostly refers to the serious injury and wounds to the body.
- Cellulitis: Cellulitis, a bacterial infection of the skin, causes red, tender skin that is usually swollen and warm. The most affected part of the human body is finger joints and knuckles.
- Rheumatic arthritis: The rheumatoid arthritis can cause different kind of joint destruction. It is one kind of systemic autoimmune disorder that makes various problems. The common problem is that it is capable of making the soft-tissue inflammation surrounding the joints and swells the joint. Among these, the most usually affected swelling knuckles of the base fingers and swelling finger joints.
- Septic arthritis: septic arthritis also known as infectious arthritis. It is usually caused by the bacteria, virus, and fungus. It is common mostly among the children.
- Medication: Medication like steroid or contraceptives can cause swelling fingers.
- Gout: Gout is a buildup of uric acid in the joints. It causes pain, redness, fever and hot red swelling joints.
Medical treatment of swelling knuckles
There are many diseases related to the swelling finger or swelling knuckles.
- First, your doctor needs to diagnose the reason than most commonly prescribed medicine like anti-inflammants for smooth blood flowing.
- Joint supplements and cortisone injections may be prescribed for bone density
- If it is an infection, then use antibiotics.
- If your knuckles or finger joint are swelling because of some trauma, your doctor will suggest taking rest.
- Splinting is very helpful to relax and also rest the joints. Therefore, splinting must be done for short time to permit for pain relief without giving the joint to strengthen.
- Finger joint replacement is the last and most effective method that doctors prone to choose at the eleventh moment.
- Your doctor can also advise you to take physiotherapy. It is the best treatment for the swelling knuckles or swelling finger due to the finger injury or any other arthritis.
Home remedy for swelling knuckles
There are many medical treatments available for the swelling knuckles. There are also some really effective home remedies. Here are some of these.
- Ice pack: Ice pack is the easiest and available treatment for swelling joints.
- Oil massage: massaging oil on your hand can reduce pain and swelling. Olive oil is the best choice for this task.
- Apple cider: Apple cider works like an anti-inflammatory medicine and also alkaline-forming things. These help to decrease pain and also stiffness your hands from arthritis. So drinking apple cider every day is really worthy.
- Cinnamon and Honey: The combination of cinnamon powder and honey is a natural method to treat arthritis from your hands. These help to relax stiff muscles because of their exceptional healing properties.
- Ginger: Ginger tea also works like an anti-inflammatory medicine. It has anti-oxygen which reduces swelling, stiffness, redness, and pain.
Conclusion: Medical science has gone so far. There are a lot of treatments available for the swelling joints. One can live a healthy life by following these treatment methods.
Be the first to comment