Hemorrhoid is a very common disease all around the world. This comes with severe pain, stinging, and discomfort in the anal region. Let’s know about the symptoms and treatment procedure of this disease.
What is a hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoid is generally swollen veins and blood vessels at the lower rectum and anal canal. These veins get swollen up due to pressure on them. This pressure may come from constipation, strain during defecation, hard stool, or even intercourse through the anus.
Based on these swollen veins, the hemorrhoid is four types:
- Internal hemorrhoids: These are not visible from the outside. These are found at the inner side of the lower rectum and are generally painless. The first symptom might be rectal bleeding with stool.
- External hemorrhoid: This type is that the swollen veins outside the arsehole and has severe pain with itch and discomfort.
- Prolapsed hemorrhoid: It feels very much pain. This type is almost similar to internal hemorrhoid. But the pain is not identical to internal hemorrhoids. Usually, internal hemorrhoids have less pain, but prolapsed hemorrhoid has severe pain.
- Thrombosed hemorrhoid: This type of hemorrhoid is clotted hemorrhoids that have no blood circulation due to a clot. These are most common in the case of external hemorrhoids.
There can be several causes behind hemorrhoids. But the main problem is having bad habits.
Causes of hemorrhoids:
- Stressing too much during bowel movements.
- Chronic diarrhea.
- Anal intercourse.
- Eating a low fiber diet.
- Drinking less water.
Hemorrhoids or piles have several distinct symptoms. You can easily diagnose this disease if you know those symptoms.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids:
- Stinging and irritation at the anal opening.
- Bleeding while defecating.
- Intense pain.
Diagnosis of hemorrhoids:
Normally hemorrhoids can be diagnosed only by seeing the lumps and swelling around the anus. But to be sure, doctors may use some diagnostic tests. Those are:
- Physical examination.
- Digital rectal examination.
Now come to the treatment of this disease. Physicians suggest both surgical and non-surgical treatments. It depends on the condition of your hemorrhoids.
Treatments of hemorrhoid:
Treatment of hemorrhoid includes:
- Non-surgical procedure:
- Rubber band ligation.
- Surgical procedure:
- Hemorrhoid stapling.
Hemorrhoids can be cured by home treatment also. Some natural ingredients can cure hemorrhoids overnight. These can heal the pain, discomfort, and itchy feeling in the anal region.
Home treatment of hemorrhoids:
- Warm bath: A Light heat bath is incredibly useful to alleviate pain because it relaxes the sphincter and muscles. Take heat water within the bathing tub and soak your arsehole for fifteen minutes. Try to do this daily for better results.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera jell can be used in case of both external and internal hemorrhoids. You can quench aloe vera jell to avoid pain.
- Ice cubes: Hemorrhoids primarily caused by the swelling of rectal veins. Using ice can reduce hemorrhoids. Take some ice cubes in a bag and sit on the ice bag for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeating this procedure two or three times a day may relieve you from the situation.
- Witch Hazel: Using a witch hazel solution is another excellent method to cure hemorrhoids. It has a natural prescript to cure hemorrhoids for its pain property. Create a witch hazel solution and soak cotton balls in it. Apply it to the hemorrhoids daily.
- Coconut Oil: It has anti-inflammatory drug properties additionally as anti-bacterial properties. Apply coconut oil to the infected place with your finger. Do that thrice each day.
- Garlic: Boil some garlic in water and make a solution. Soak cotton balls into the solution and apply them to the swelling pain space.
- Black tea: Black tea is well-known natural medicine for its tannic acid to relieve inflammation. Just make some no-sugar black tea and let it cool up to being lukewarm. Then apply lukewarm black tea thrice a day with cotton balls.
- Apple cider vinegar: This one is beneficial to comfort during piles of pain. The natural apple cider vinegar helps to wrinkle the blood vessels and tissue of the anal area. Take a cotton ball and soak it into apple cider vinegar. After that, apply the wet cotton ball on hemorrhoids.
- Use alleviating wipes: After defecation, we usually use toilet tissue to wipe out. But toilet tissue is rough and may irritate in case of piles. So you can use some soothing wipes that are soft and enriched with anti hemorrhoid ingredients like hazel or aloe vera. Make sure this does not contain alcohol.
- Do not sit, squat: Squatting is useful instead of sitting whereas defecating. Thanks to the opening angle of the body, squatting eases the traditional bow through the rectum. Make a habit of squatting.
- Try stool softeners: Since constipation is a significant cause behind hemorrhoids, it may reduce pain during defecating if we can make stool soft. There are several stool softeners on the market. Get a suitable one base on your doctor’s recommendation.
- Drink a lot of water: Water softens stool naturally. If the stool is soft, there needs less pressure to defecate, and so, it reduces the chances of getting hemorrhoid.
- Eat fiber-enriched foods: Fibre-enriched foods absorb water from organic process tracks and soften the stool. Thus, reduces the chance of hemorrhoids.
- Do not fight the urge: When you need to go to the toilet, just go. Do not skip your toilet forcefully. If you do so, stool loses additional water within the rectum and becomes challenging. It causes constipation that could be a prime reason behind hemorrhoids.
- Make a habit of regular defecation: Try to make a regular schedule of bowel defecation. This will free you from constipation. Your body will be ready to defecate when the time comes to do it, and this will go easy.
- Do not stress hard: Don’t put pressure during defecating. If you don’t feel easy, then try again later. If you stress hard, the soft tissue at the anal canal will be stretched and cause hemorrhoids.
These home treatments mentioned above are very much effective in the case of hemorrhoids. If you follow these, you will see an overnight change in your hemorrhoid problem. Try to develop the habits mentioned here. This will allow you an easy bowel movement and defecation and will reduce the risk of hemorrhoids.